[Shotimes] Re: Convention 2004 DVD

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 21:49:32 -0400

Yeah, the G35 was on my radar as opposed to the Alt/Max.

FWD is yesterday's news. It's rightfully going back to being the
configuration of choice for small, light, lower-end cars where it began (and
where it should have stayed).

RWD makes for a better performance car, but with the advances in AWD
technology, AWD is going to be the way to go. New systems are lighter, don't
have the power penalty, and offer outstanding handling without being heavy
on understeer.

FWIW, the AWD 300C will be out, if not already. That would be a nice combo,
especially with the 425 HP Hemi.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of bjshov8
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2004 9:34 PM
To: 'TaurusSHO'
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Re: Convention 2004 DVD

The SHO started as a fairly basic automobile, compared to new cars of today.
It is natural for things to evolve, content to increase, expectations to get
higher.  The Altima is probably closer content-wise to the original SHO, but
these days I would be looking at the Max instead of the Altima.  Of course I
would probably be looking at the G35 instead.