[Shotimes] Re: Convention 2004 DVD

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 10:15:29 -0500

Rick,

Power passenger seat was optional till '99 I think.

I would say that most dealers probably ordered their SHO's
fully optioned, or at least with the main option package.
They got a deal on the price.  There were few cloth
interior, low option cars ordered by dealers, so it isn't
that suprising that you had a string of high option SHOs.

My '89 has a manual passenger seat.  But even in its base
version, the SHO was always a high option car, with lots of
neat features.  Those dual lid visors with dual lighted
mirrors are nicer than on many 50 grand cars today.  Minor
thing I know, but the entire car had a lot of neat features,
some were standard in all Taurus cars.  it took the industry
a long time to catch up to the Taurus, too bad Ford once
again sat back on its reputation and didn't keep up with the
industry.

Don Mallinson