[Shotimes] How to get 300HP from your 3.0L SHO engine

Mark Nunnally Mark Nunnally" <marknunnally@JoiMail.com
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:41:29 -0400

> Well, I think the main reason why noone has seen 300HP yet is two-fold...
>
> 1) their fuel injectors probably can not keep up (so in reality, I should
have added that to the list below), and

I disagree.  While they are basically "open" (not ideal), they can more than
"keep up", especially with the stock commanded near 10:1 A/F WOT fuel
tables.  I'm seeing low 11:1 high 10:1 range with a stock EEC program at
high rpm on the wide band (stock injectors).  Is it ideal?  No.  But it's
not like they are lean, and you need MORE fuel.  To make more torque if
anything, you need to take away fuel.

Josh's theory to this is to set the WOT mutlipliers to "0", set your
stabilized fuel table to your commanded/preferred A/F ratio, and then log it
on the wide band.  Then tune the MAF curve till they match.  It's sorta
backwards engineering, and a different approach, but seems to make some
sense.  According to him, this is a 2 min deal with the EEC analyzer
software (don't have that yet)

> 2) the wideband HEGO and tweecer are really needed to increase WOT hp
(bascically, noone has this mod yet, as far as I >know)

I have both, with the capability to datalog them together (with the snEEC,
which I think has a faster datalog sampling rate than the tweecer RT).

Hopefully if I can make it to the drags I can record some passes and have
some interesting info!

mark