[Shotimes] Gen 3 for sale?

Steve Tatro Steve Tatro <stevetatro@gmail.com>
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:16:09 -0400

Are you saying the plugs are good until 100k miles?  I personally
don't think so.  I know what my buddy's plugs in his '96 looked like
after 80k miles, and it wasn't pretty.

Also, by saying "60k mile work" Bob could've been referring to the
"other" stuff.  You know, everything that gets done every 15k and 30k
miles.  Fluids, filters, etc.  Granted this shouldn't cost a lot, but
if you take it to your local friendly Ford dealer and tell them to do
the 60k maintenance on your SHO they'll probably sock you for $500.

And refuse to admit there's an issue with the cams ;^)

Also, when you say "good to go" after getting the cams welded you're
obviously overlooking the likely $2500 tranny rebuild.  I wouldn't
trust an 80k tranny with an unknown history to last too long.  Sure
some do, but many don't.

Later,

Steve Tatro
Red/Black '93 with 179k miles