[Shotimes] How to get 300HP from your 3.0L SHO engine

Mike.Wojton@us.o-i.com Mike.Wojton@us.o-i.com
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:23:01 -0400

What do you mean by the last entry, forged internals?  The engine
already has forged rods and crank, and I wouldn't think that switching
from cast to forged on any of those would add hp anyway.

Mike Wojton
Toledo, Ohio

-'95 White MTX
   '96 Brake Upgrade
   Eibachs (front)

"Avoid the clap." - Jimmy Dugan

shotimes-admin@autox.team.net wrote on 10/21/2004 11:47:45 AM:

> OK this is always fun.  How much HP do we get from each mod in a 3.0L
engine? (This of course
> precludes adding displacement....:)
>
> What so fun about this is that it quite easy to increase the HP of this
engine without affecting
> the cars usefulness as a daily driver and also without taking an equity
loan on your house. You
> can probably do the below modifications for ~$5000 + labor.
>
> The HP numbers below are estimated based on the assumption that all
modifications are initially
> installed in the car (thus producing 300HP). Then I take one
modification away and "estimate" the HP drop.

>                                                Subtotal
> Base setup:        220HP
>                                                    220HP
> Rotating mass (external):
> UDP:                     5HP
> 8lbs flywheel          2HP
>                                                    227HP
> Exhaust:
> HiFlow Y-pipe:       10HP
> 2 1/2" catback:        5HP
>                                                    242HP
> Intake:
> 77mmMAF + CAI +
> 69mmTB:              12HP
> BBB + EH +
> porting:                 15HP
> +20 CAMs:           15HP
>                                                    284HP
> Electronics:
> WideBand HEGO +
> Tweecer:               15HP
>                                                    299HP
> Lubrication:
> Amsoil 5W30:         1HP
>                                                    300HP
>
> There are other things one can do, but that will affect the usability of
the car as a family sedan, namely: