[Shotimes] How to get 300HP from your 3.0L SHO engine

Mark Nunnally Mark Nunnally" <marknunnally@JoiMail.com
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 21:16:09 -0400

> I understand that in principle the stock injectors should be able to keep
up until 325HP or something like that.  But I'm pretty >sure that mine 10y
old injectors no longer can do this, and I would suspect many other's
injectors to have degraded as well.

I think when John Hrinsin tested some stock 3.0Ls on the ANSU machine,
dynamically they flowed ~27 lb/hr.  I had asked John what the difference
between dynamic and static ratings are, basically the dynamic is a more real
world reading.

> I don't know your particular injector "story". How many miles or years to
they have on them? Have you taken good care of >them? All that plays into
the issue if they can "keep up".

The injectors on my 89 are the original 175,000 mile 3.0L's!  Never been
removed, cleaned, or such.  Heck the car was stored for like 2 years before
I bought it, and then sat for about 6 months after I bought it.  I've never
seen a problem from them though.

>Mark, I can't wait to hear about this....!!!!

What will be interesting, will be @ 300 hp, what the max voltage will be on
the MAF (850 kg/hr MAF and EEC transfer curve).  FWIW at ~255-260 chp I
think it was 4.2 or 4.3 when I logged it.

Also, trimming the WOT tables to 13:1 A/F on the wideband, then log to see
what the stock injector duty cycle and pulse widths are @ 300 hp.  I seem to
remember the duty cycle as high as 92% back when I logged it with the stock
cams.

mark