[Shotimes] Rod shifter/exhaust question

Ed Cizmar ecizmar@earthlink.net
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 21:37:08 -0400

After installing the S.S.Y-pipe w/cats (watch for interference with the
U-clamps supplied by S.S. if you are using them, I plan on welding them after
this is over. Also, install the short oil drain plug BEFORE installing the
Y-pipe) and the cable shifter in my case), it doesn't sound like the there is
a exhaust manifold leak that I was told was there but, due to the holes in the
muffler, I can't be 100% sure because it's so loud & raspy . Which leads me to
my question:
When I installed the Y-pipe, I used the "rod shifter" resonator pipe that I
bought with the rod shifter. Now, I am checking for the "cat back" exhaust
replacements and I see that AZ for instance, is asking the build date. My 91
has a build date of 3/91 (with a cable shifter). What build date do I need to
tell them to get the right pipes/mufflers that will fit now (cable shifter)
and the rod shifter to be installed soon  ??
Also, I'm looking for a low deep (as much as possible) exhaust note.

Thanks,
Ed
91 Mocha
90 Rod bearing failure or, crank cancer ?? - parked.