[Shotimes] Rod shifter/exhaust question

Ian Fisher dataflash@yahoo.com
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 19:14:52 -0700 (PDT)

Ed

I installed the U clamps with the nuts face to the
side instead of down. More ground clearance.

I would not weld the pipe as you may need to loosen
the clamps to remove the stupid thing in the future.
No offense to you or your pipe; I used to own one so I
know first hand what a PITA it is.

If you want a deep exhaust note, I'd buy magnaflow
mufflers and a magnaflow resonator. Make sure they are
packed and louvered and not chambered mufflers (like
flowmasters). I think that dynomax muffs sound a bit
tinny and raspy but that my opinion. Borla stuff
sounds decent but magnaflow is essentially the same
construction and quality at half of the price. By the
way, I am not referring to any single catback system;
rather I am referring to generic mufflers. You can
have a new catback made up at an exhaust shop or just
use your exsisting one. I wouldn't go larger than 2.5"
on a natrually aspirated SHO.

I'm sure other people with different opinions will
chime in.
Ian