SHO's lapping Bimmers was:Re: [Shotimes] OT: carfax anyone?

Ron Nottingham ron@v6sho.com
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 11:20:59 -0400

No, sorry on the carfax :-(

Currently running 10-12 psi on a GT28RS and a custom air/water charge
cooler. Not the best turbo for this application, but it's putting out what I
want right now, with the internals I have. It's a safe setup. 12 psi is
almost maxed out for this turbo. The Bimmer still has a/c and power steering
(most turbo E30 325's lack both of these). Horsepower at the wheels is only
288 @ 5800, but the torque is staggering, 361 @ 3300.

I hope to get a crank from either a 95 M3 or an E36 328 (longer stroke, M3 =
3.0L with the SOHC I6, and 328 = 2.9L with the SOHC I6), plus 1mm over bore,
forged pistons (8.5:1 CR), and forged rods. When I finally get these in, I
plan on upgrading to either a GT30R or a GT35R.

No comment on my suspension/wheels/tires/brakes setup :-) Let's just say it
can keep pace with a highly modified (suspension and engine) 95 RX7 R2 on
the track (although, when he gets his new ECM tuned to run 20psi, I won't
have a chance of keeping up).

Ron Nottingham - Dalton, GA
89 325i - stroked and turbo'd
90 SHO - mostly stock

"It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile"