[Shotimes] snow tires vs all season

Ian Fisher dataflash@yahoo.com
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 20:19:20 -0700 (PDT)

I just picked up a set of slicers to use for snow
duty. Was checking some prices on a tirerack ad that I
have. Cheapest snow tires I found (IIRC) were the
Dunlop Graspic's at $84ish. I think they were 215 or
225/55/16.

In NJ we don't get a lot of snow over a long period of
time. We may get 1-2 weeks of heavy snow, so when it's
here, it can be here in full effect. I am debating
getting all seasons with good M+S ratings or cheap
snow tires. Either way, the key words are cheap, wear
and grip (in snow and dry).

As soon as the roads clear up (late Jan-feb?), the
17's with hipo rubber will go back on and the 16's
will sit in the shed for next winter.

opinions? reccomendations?

thanks
Ian