[Shotimes] snow tires vs all season

Mark Nunnally Mark Nunnally" <marknunnally@JoiMail.com
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 11:43:46 -0400

> I bought a set of Winter tires (Yokohama Guardex) for my '89
> SHO at a time when I had to be at work every day (owner,
> sole employee) and I loved them

I ran a set of Yoko Guardex600's on my beater 93 in NY for 2 years.  They
were very impressive in the snow.  A few informal tests early on, ran 60-70
mph on 5-6 inches of unplowed snow on a "virgin" road early in the morning.
Lateral and braking grip was astounding considering the conditions.  I never
got stuck with them, even with the belly of the car bottoming on snow.  This
was in a region that sees hundreds of inches of snow a year.

BTW I ran that car (the winter 93) with a 26mm rear bar and no front bar.
<g>

mark