[Shotimes] off topic but ford .. new 05 mustang

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 16:51:24 -0400

The V6 Mustang has represented at least 2/3 of all Mustang sales for at
least 25 years now.....probably longer.

If it wasn't for all of the V6 sales, the Mustang would have been dead years
ago.

Besides, as Don says, the new one runs well. Even the prior version ran
quite well. There is also a very strong club for V6 Ford folks (Mustangs,
mainly) with a lot of speed parts available. Insurance is way too expensive
for young folks to get a GT.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Steve Tatro
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2004 4:43 PM
To: 1badsho@tnh.net
Cc: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] off topic but ford .. new 05 mustang

Bah.  Should be illegal to put anything in a Mustang that's less than
8 cylinders.

Same with those old V-6 Firechickens and Craparos.

IMHO, of course.

Steve Tatro
Red/Black '93 with 180k miles
Monroe, Ohio

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:41:17 -0400, Don Donelson <1badsho@tnh.net> wrote:
> We just got in our first 05 Mustang .. wow .. what a nice car.
>
> A little louder than I thought .. but thats because I have also driven the
new 500 and new Freestyle that are very very quiet.

> The lines on this car are vintage. Very very nice as is fit and finish.
The inside is a lot roomier too .. the 94 to 04 mustang were way to small
for me .. the new 05 is much bigger.

> And the best .. the automatic v6 .. hauls ass ... this car is quick ! ..
WE have a GT coming in .. and that car as we all know is a 0-60 times are 5
secs ..