[Shotimes] Pontiac unveils SHO successor?

Carl Prochilo gr8sho@adelphia.net
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 11:28:04 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Don,  Okay, you're forgiven.  :D

The GP would have been an excellent platform to provide a sports sedan
with an MTX.  Not sure why Pontiac doesn't finish the job.

A few years ago, Lincoln made a feeble attempt with the LS.  Down here,
you couldn't find ANY of those cars with the Getrag tranny.  They just
can't shake their image of bluehair customers, nor do they seem interested
in doing so.  At least down here.  The dealers know where their revenue
comes from.  If they had offered the manual with the V8, I would have
ordered one, even with the obscene financing they were forcing on those
cars.

Cadillac CTS doesn't look right to me, but I might go test drive it.

I still won't go into any Chrysler showrooms from past horror.

So as far as American manufacturers are concerned, there is nothing out
there that is appealing in a 4 door sedan format.

As for the rest, Nissan's Maxima is a good solution.  And of course the
german BMWs are always out there.  Even in automatic form, my brother's
525 is an awesome handling car to drive.  But living in Santa Monica, not
sure a manual would be a good idea as a daily driver.
--
Cheers,
Carl Prochilo