[Shotimes] Pontiac unveils SHO successor?

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 10:40:45 -0500

CArl,

Glad you saw that I wasn't going off the deep end...yet!  :)

Yes, GM isn't known for taking big chances.  Lots of promise
but no follow through, New GTO is a perfect example.

Local lincoln dealer told me that they never sell any manual
tranny cars so they won't order any.  Somehow they didn't
see the problem with that statement.

YOu should go drive the CTS, even the basic car drives very
well, and even if the styling is a little odd, it follows
modern trends, and GM is selling a bunch of them.  Caddy
seems to be leading the way for GM, as it should (finally!)
and the CTS-V is a hit.  New STS also is a good thing.

As for other cars for Possible SHO replacement.  You really
should go drive the new Hemi Chrysler 300C or the Magnum
Hemi.  These are great driving cars, with top build quality,
and great power.  No manual is a downside, but the autostick
tranny shifts like I WISH my V8 SHO did!  Add back some fun.

Other cars include the G35 Infinity, the FWD versions of the
Nissan Maxima and Altima are not an option for me due to the
FWD and the ones I have driven have zero "soul" to my way of
thinking.  Haven't driven the G-35 yet, closest dealers are
in St. Louis and Chicago.

John Stout loves his new Mazda 6 V6 with 5-speed, 3.0L
engine and 220 hp.  Sound familiar?  :)

These are pretty good times, we should all take advantage of
them before the insurance companies kill off our fun again!

Don Mallinson