[Shotimes] Pontiac unveils SHO successor?

Kevin M. Bisch, Pharm.D. kevin624@bellatlantic.net
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 19:58:30 -0400

>A few years ago, Lincoln made a feeble attempt with the LS.

Feeble attempt? I don't think so.

My LS V8 Sport is everything my '93 ATX SHO was and more. Granted the
engine isn't as exotic and doesn't roar like the V6 did, but this car is
just as quick, is worlds smoother, and the build quality is drastically
better. I've got 51K miles on mine now and there are no rattles or
sqeaks... every one of the 4 Taurii I owned rattled like hell, even the Gen
III, and my '96 T-bird with only 20K miles had rattles.

The options list on the LS is absurd. Rain sensing wipers, tiptronic,
6-disc in dash changer, trip computer, heated power seats, and other little
goodies galore throughout the car. The dash is reminiscent of the SHO but
with more buttons. Everything just makes sense. The little things about the
SHO are fixed in this car. A proper center console. Superb radio and cruise
buttons on the steering wheel... the ones on the SHO were good, these are
stellar. Nice thick steering wheel. Fold down rear seats. And except from
the ass end it's really a good looking car. It feels SOLID. The doors are
extremely well built. I could go on and on. And I have not had a single
maintenance issue yet. Change the oil, rotate the tires, let 'er rip.

And to think I picked up this car with under 30K miles for about $21,000!!
These things depreciate like crazy, the 2-year old ones now are some of the
best deals out there.

And there really are a lot of LS's on the road if you are looking for them.
They tend to blend in with the crowd, which is why I think they aren't a
"hot" car.. just a little too bland looking.

Does it need a true manual in the V8? Not for me schlepping around Philly,
but I know most of you on this list would like that.

And whoever said these are for people with blue hair, I'm 24 :)

--Kevin