[Shotimes] Pontiac unveils SHO successor?

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Sun, 31 Oct 2004 01:45:25 -0500

Did rush-hour traffic for years with a manual tranny. My question is: what
is your left leg doing in bumper-to-bumper traffic anyway? As traffic moves,
you don't even need to shift, and the SHO can creep along in 2nd gear. If
traffic is really slow, you can even leave it in 1st and move along without
touching the gas pedal.

Guess since I had to learn to drive in a 3-on-the-tree '61 Chevy (family
car) almost 40 years ago, driving a manual has been second nature to me, and
having to deal with traffic is part of the experience.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Kevin M. Bisch, Pharm.D.
Sent: Sunday, October 31, 2004 12:20 AM
To: gr8sho@adelphia.net; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Pontiac unveils SHO successor?

>Since you're only 24, your left leg should still be in good shape.  You
>outta try driving a real SHO, you know, one of the originals where you had
>to shift for yourself.
>-

My commute daily consists of driving from one end of Philadelphia to the
other end. Try that daily in an MTX and tell me how long it is fun for you.
And I have the leisure of drinking my cup 'o java along the way. The
selectshift is more than sufficient for red light drag racing, too. Turn
off the traction control and you can lay some mean rubber. Sedate? Nah.

--Kevin