[Shotimes] Pontiac unveils SHO successor?

Carl Prochilo gr8sho@adelphia.net
Sun, 31 Oct 2004 10:46:39 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

"3 on the tree".  That's a great saying.  I've never had the opportunity
to drive a car like this, but my earliest recollection of cars like this
were in Italy with the Fiat 1100 (mille cento).  It always seemed strange
to me to watch people shift that rather than using a floor shifter.  The
car had a bench seat, so a floor shifter could not be used.  Of course
those even younger than me by over 10 years will for sure only ever see
cars like that in a museum.

Speaking of strange shifters, anyone ever drive a Renault 4?  That had the
shifter coming straight out of the dashboard on a rod that you pulled back
and forth and rotated left and right.  This car also had a bench front
seat to haul people around.  My uncle was in construction and just loved
that car.  Between the Renault 4 and the Citroen 2CV, those were 2 of the
most unique cars I've ever been in.
--
Cheers,
Carl Prochilo