[Shotimes] Pontiac unveils SHO successor?

Carl Prochilo gr8sho@adelphia.net
Sun, 31 Oct 2004 10:56:09 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Sorry to hear about your knee Ron.  There is another gentleman on this
list that is in your same situation and still drives a 90.  He was in the
process of getting both knees replaced (amazing how for technology has
come).  He loves all of this SHOs (one is a 93 ATX with an FPS rebuilt
tranny), but I can tell the 90 means more to him.

The only "automatic" type of transmission I'm interested in, and people
have heard me say this before, is an F1 style sequential gearbox.
Shifting is done either with paddles or buttons on the steering wheel, but
this transmission does NOT use a torque converted to allow gear selection,
but rather uses an electronically actuated clutch.  The benefits with this
have to do maintaining power efficiency of a manual tranny, and improving
the speed and accuracy of shifts.
--
Cheers,
Carl Prochilo