[Shotimes] retard question: TQ stall?

Jason Hartberger jhartberger@mail.com
Sun, 31 Jul 2005 23:54:59 -0400

Actually I think that's about the best explanation I could've gotten. So
basically when I floor the car and the engine revs up to about 3K rpm
(or like, 2900!) while the speedo catches up until I get to about 35mph
then it starts revving up some more, that's the stall point?  Basically
the stall point is the maximum RPM differential between the output shaft
(0rpm, obviously) and the input shaft with a car at rest, in gear, at
WOT, right? Cos that would make sense... I suppose there isn't any way
to raise the stall point without installing a new TQ, and that would
just be friggin' butt-loads of money. It's a shame, though, 3Krpm is
like the very bottom of the torque band....

Jason