[Shotimes] OT: advice for selecting a car for parents

Beisler Jonathon Jonathon.Beisler@HCAhealthcare.com
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 10:08:16 -0400

Ron,
Now, I like the Legacy wagon as much as the next guy, my mom owns one and I like to drive it, but it does not have more luggage space than an MPV!  Lets not make the guy feel bad about his purchase!  I own an 2002 MPV, my brother in law had a 2000 and he drove it for 140,000 miles and with just oil and gas additions.  As far as the #s the MPV has 127 cubes vs. 68 for the Legacy and 22 for the CV.
My MPV's not a truck, but I can haul 10 ft pipe, and even 4x8 pieces of plywood in a crunch, that's on the inside.  They have to be on their side and completely blind me to the right, but that's what spotter AWA's are for!  40 more horses wouldn't hurt, but we've put 50,000 trouble free miles on ours, save the recalls and stereo problems.  Of course, even my 3 year old daughter likes the 12 year old SHO better. "Daddy drives fast!"
Just had to defend the wife's ride!
JB

We just passed one on the interstate this morning. Husband & wife, two kids
in the back, rear luggage area packed to the headliner, and a big fiberglass
luggage box on the roof.

I'll bet the CV has more luggage space, as does my Legacy wagon."