[Shotimes] OT: Cadillac CTS

Paul L Fisher sho@paul-fisher.com
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 09:11:10 -0500

Did it (the BMW) have the 'active steering'? I hear it is an acquired taste.

Paul L Fisher

Visit my website: http://www.paul-fisher.com
SHOClub Member: http://www.shoclub.com
Amsoil dealer: http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2005 3:49 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] OT: Cadillac CTS

I drove the same combo at a GM Ride and Drive event and had similar
expectations going in.

> The CTS went wherever I pointed it.

And that was the thing I remembered when I walked away from it.  The BMW
pushed to the point where I was scrubbing the fronts and steering with the
rear end of the car (yes, they did get a bit huffy about my driving).  The
CTS just turned in and wanted more.

The other failing of the BMW was the steering feel.  That's what BMWs are
supposed to be about, and these new BMWs are just sucking the life out of
the car through the steering wheel.  It's sad.  The CTS wins hands down.

> The traction system even lets the back step out a bit before it jumps in
and straightens everything out.

That was a surprise too.  It worked fairly well.

	-- Bob
	'94 ATX
	'89 MTX