[Shotimes] RE: advice for selecting a car for parents

Anthony Clerkin Anthony@rockford.younglife.org
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 11:07:30 -0500

You can haul a 351 Cleveland with the heads still attached and all the pipes
for a Mach 1 exhaust and 2 suitcases in the back of a pacer.  And with the
extra 3" on the passenger side door it is basically a luxury cruiser.  Don't
over look the classics while helping your folks find the perfect car.

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Ron Porter
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 9:28 AM
To: 'Beisler Jonathon'; 'Shotimes'
Subject: [Shotimes] RE: advice for selecting a car for parents

I'm talking about the car with the seats up not everything folded down as
when you carry people & luggage. From what I have seen, virtually every SUV
and minivan is pitiful for luggage space in 5-passenger mode. Don't even
think about carrying a toothbrush in the 7-passenger models. In
passenger/luggage mode, the CV has a LOT of capacity

We were driving to/from Grand Rapids in my buddy's new '05 Envoy yesterday.
With the seats up, I'll bet that I can pack as much (if not a little more)
into the back of my LGT wan than can be held in the Envoy, and he agrees. We
have already had four sets of golf clubs in both vehicles. This is when we
noticed the packed-to-the-roof MPV yesterday, and it opened up the
discussion again.

BTW, my buddy has had full-size vans for years (traded in a GMC Safari for
the Envoy) and has a '96 Astro that he will keep forever. He said that he
will buy another used Astro when this one dies. He has a 21' boat to pull,
plus a small trailer with all of his band equipment.