[Shotimes] PCV extractor and vacuum in crankcase

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Tue, 2 Aug 2005 02:57:45 -0400

Besides keeping the crud out of the intake, it can yield real HP gains with
the vacuum created in the crankcase, which reduces pumping losses.

From: Ian Fisher [mailto:dataflash@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 11:04 PM
To: TechSHO@topica.com; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] PCV extractor and vacuum in crankcase

It promotes better ring sealing and re-routes oily
blowby out through the exhaust instead of into the
intake manifold. Theoretically this should yield a HP
gain and keep the intake manifold nice and clean and
dry. I have a Mr. Gasket kit that I'm probably going
to install when the new 3.2 goes in.

Technically this will have a negative effect on those
with emissions testing. You may want to disconnect it
for the sniffers.

Ian