[Shotimes] retard question: TQ stall?

Kevin & Cheryl Airth clubairth@peoplepc.com
Tue, 2 Aug 2005 13:34:01 -0500

Jason:
Yes, more engine power. The higher the torque the engine puts out the higher
the stall speed will be. That's why on a modified engine you should wait and
run the car with the stock converter first to see where the stall is before
buying a "higher stall" converter. This is more of an issue with big power
increases in V-8 engines.
 Driving a automatic street car with a stall over 3K can be a real pain in
the butt. Kind of like running a high lift cam. Unless you plan on doing a
hard launch at every stop, it's no fun. This is why the "switch pitch"
converters came out from GM. Mainly on the Buicks. This is really nice!
Stock stall for normal driving and then flip a switch which dumps the
converter to high stall mode for high rpm launches!
 That would be a very cool option for the SHO! Doug L. are you listening??
 Of course I don't really think it's even possible with the way the SHO
automatic is built!
.
.

 I suppose there isn't any way