[Shotimes] CHECK ENGINE On Deceleration

Dave Kegel d.kegel@comcast.net
Wed, 3 Aug 2005 15:28:38 -0500

Do you have a stock MAF?  I've heard the CEL during deceleration can be
pretty common with an aftermarket MAF.  But, the best thing to do is check
the codes.  Could be a bad O2 sensor.

Does your cruise control work?  Sometimes the VSS goes bad and the car
doesn't do it's high idle thing when rolling to a stop (clutch in).  If the
VSS is bad your cruise won't work either, which is why I asked.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Peter Maggiacomo
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 3:18 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] CHECK ENGINE On Deceleration

Funny thing started today, with the CHECK ENGINE
light coming on while decelerating from 75 in 5th
for an exit ramp. It happened 3 times and all in the
same conditions. It's only on for 5 seconds at the
most.
Another annoying problem cropped up today while
driving
in city type traffic. When in traffic and the light
turns red and it's a clutch and brake senario, the
engine stalls. This is with the AC on. I've had the
car 5 days from picking it up with new AC compressor
and lines, and it never did this. The only thing that
may or may not tie into this, is that I just filled
the tank with gas. Could poor fuel cause this?
It all started after I got gas, but it could be non
related. Thanks.
-Pete