[Shotimes] CHECK ENGINE On Deceleration

Kevin & Cheryl Airth clubairth@peoplepc.com
Wed, 3 Aug 2005 15:42:46 -0500

Pete:
 Run the codes. You might have something simple like not having the gas cap
tightened down enough.
 Generally if you get a check engine light in deceleration. It's an O2
sensor code. Just my observation. As they age their response time slows. If
the O2 does not change fast enough for the PCM then you get a error light.
How old are the O2 sensors?
.
.
Maybe your car has not had time to relearn it's idle with the changes you
have done to the car? Was the battery unhooked for all your A/C work? Has
the IAB ever been changed?
.
.