[Shotimes] telecom gel: crappy SHO electrical connectors (cruise control cut off switch)

Zach Leahy leahyz@gmail.com
Thu, 4 Aug 2005 07:01:06 -0500

It's probably some form of a dielectric grease.  It wil keep water out
of the connections, but does not transfer power from one terminal to
another (usually not at least).  It would not hurt to use it on
connectors to prevent water intrusion.

The soldering was the way to go.  Crimp together stuff is usually
asking for a problem.  I use some of the crimp stuff, but if it is at
all important, soldering is the right way.