[Shotimes] telecom gel: crappy SHO electrical connectors (cruise control cut off switch)

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Thu, 4 Aug 2005 10:30:04 -0400

Dielectric grease.

Yep use it in connectors, as well as your caliper slider pins.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Al & Angela
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2005 7:32 AM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] telecom gel: crappy SHO electrical connectors (cruise
control cut off switch)

What's up Everyone,

I didn't want to respond to the ATX cruise switch (brake fluid problem).
So I hope you all don't mind a new topic.

I use to work in telecom and I would notice a clear gel like substance that
the junction boxes would have in the receptacle ports (phone jacks).

I wonder if that stuff would help keep water/brake fluid and anything else
from shorting the electrical connectors on the SHO?

Just a thought

**back on the cruise cut off**
I soldered my cruise connector in place due to mine being melted :).
There isn't a problem with that, is there?

Thx

Al
94 ATX
129K mls