[Shotimes] engine stumbling

Co-Op Co-Op@SchrammInc.com
Thu, 4 Aug 2005 08:13:26 -0400

The plug wells were dry when I swapped plugs.

When I checked fuel pressure, I noted that when I slowly increased the
throttle, pressure went down while RPMs went up.  I understand the concept
that high pressure goes with low flow rates, and low pressure/high flow.
So, maybe the pressure that it drops to is not sufficient at high RPMs.  The
pressures that I read were with cool running gear.  I suppose that if a
failing pump were to run for a long time it could heat up and slow down.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Al & Angela [mailto:aa4jc1@netzero.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2005 7:37 AM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] engine stumbling

Lee did you check the plug wires to make sure there wasn't anything in the
bores (water or oil).

I have a 190 Walbro and it is fantastic (no problems).

Take care

Al

****ORIG MSG****
From: "Leigh Smith" <leighsm@comcast.net>
To: "Co-Op" <Co-Op@SchrammInc.com>, <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 18:49:39 -0400

I think not wires, they would miss most when things are lean, like warm
idle, or especially 2200-3000 rpm, light throttle. Not hard running. Save
your money.
I sauspect fuel pump. That describes the exact symptoms I had when mine died
at about 180k.
Three years doesn't sound like long for a fuel pump. Both my stock ones
lasted 10 yrs.
Anyone else with a Walbro pump have any comments on how long they last
before I put the one on my bench into my car?
Lee