[Shotimes] Re: California Crackdown on Modified Cars

Shylo McKinsey mrfluffy02@yahoo.com
Fri, 5 Aug 2005 21:10:14 -0700 (PDT)

"Leaving the legality of a mod to a trooper's
road-side judgment is a standard too vague, like
Montana's brief experiment with a "reasonable and
prudent" speed limit.  It's an invitation to abuse,
and enough litigation will defeat it."

Aye, but it twas fun to get out on I-90 and buzz from
Bozeman to Billings (130 miles) in just over an hour.
The real reason for putting the 75 mph speed limit up
in MT was the Federal Interstate Funds. We
could've/would've lost them if we left the speed limit
where it was at.

Believe it or not, the only real beefs I ever heard
about "Reasonable and Prudent" came from tourists.
Thanks alot for ruining it for us you bloody
Californians. :-P

Shylo McKinsey

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs