[Shotimes] Re: California Crackdown on Modified Cars

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Sun, 7 Aug 2005 11:06:26 -0400

One method that another car list used was effective, but smelly. On a sunny
day, they would spray ammonia on the tint, then stick sections of black
plastic garbage bags over the wet ammonia, and let it sit in the sun for a
couple of hours (with the doors open!!). Apparently the tint practically
falls off the windows after that.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2005 2:15 AM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] Re: California Crackdown on Modified Cars

Everyone I talked to has told me that one way or another, that tint has to
come off the driver and pass side windows.  It's only a matter of time
before I get a fix-it.  The rest can stay, because I have two outside
mirrors.  I see CHP every day, so I'll be pulling it off when I get a
chance.  I heard lots of windex is required to break down the adhesive.

Oh yeah, and there's no front plate either...

	-- Bob