[Shotimes] Re: For sale, Pritesh Deb's 3.6L

Ian Fisher dataflash@yahoo.com
Mon, 8 Aug 2005 07:14:27 -0700 (PDT)

By the way, I should make it clear that I am in no way
endorsing this car. I've never seen it in person nor
have I met Pritesh in real life. We've chatted on and
off since 1999 when I got my first SHO in college and
was 19 at the time. It was an atx and so was his.
Naturally I was attracted to the big rims, blacked out
headlights/tailights and the huge catalog of SHOshop
parts that were on it.

Over the years my tastes have changed dramatically. I
am no longer a fan of blacked out headlight/tailight
covers; I don't like the SHOshop, etc. But Pritesh's
car also evolved and although it isn't the direction
where I want to take my personal SHO, it is still a
neat car IMHO and seems to be very clean. The fact
that it has a 3.6 that hasn't grenaded yet makes it an
anomaly. =) Unfortunately, the fact that it's also an
atx is also working against it, at least in my book.

Pritesh claims that the car is very strong; that the
0-60 is faster than his new EVO. I don't know one way
or another. However, I came to the conclusion that the
rest of us did when I looked at the dyno chart. The
car shows that its pulled ~230hp in 3rd gear, not 260
as the shift spike shows. It's a shame that it's not
an mtx because it probably would be putting down 260
at the wheels w/gobs of torque. When cars like these
are modded and dynoed, it makes me glad that I sold my
atx for an mtx. It was perhaps the single best mod
that I performed. There's a lot more hp/tq potential
now than I had before, not to mention the fun/control
factors.

And I have to agree with Al. The price is a bit
"high".

So, I'm not recanting what I said earlier; just
clarifying it a bit more.

Ian

http://click.topica.com/caadOvHb1dhxAb62fTTa/Nexiderm