[Shotimes] Re: For sale, Pritesh Deb's 3.6L

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Mon, 8 Aug 2005 11:39:39 -0400

Too many #s being thrown around!!

The numbers that have been used for power loss is 18% loss for an MTX, 22%
loss for an ATX. These loss #s have correlated well when run against stock
cars.

Anyway, using 230 HP in an ATX, 230 / .78 = 294.8 Flywheel HP (theoretical).

Now, take the 295 FWP and calculate with an 18% loss for an MTX:

295 x .82 = 241.9 WHP.

Anyway, if an ATX with big cams and other mods that reduce low-end
torque......3.6 engine notwithstanding.........can beat his EVO 0-60,
someone needs an Evo driving lesson, or they need to reconnect the two (out
of four) Evo COP wires.

This is a tough one for me. I have defended Vadim over the years, as I've
had good luck in m dealings with him.

BUT.....I have also had rides in/driven a few of the SHO Shop setups, and
have been greatly underwhelmed. I must admit that, if this were a car that
one of the Doug's or Josh set up, I would tend to believe it, but I'm gonna
have to emphatically throw the BS flag, especially after the 0-60 comment.

MTX SHOs with cams rarely seem to be quicker 0-60 than stock. Putting cams
in an ATX is gonna be worse. If there were some timeslips involved, I also
"might" not be as skeptical.

Over the years Pritesh has seemed like a nicer guy, but I think he's
believing his own hype.

Ron Porter