[Shotimes] Deadly Car crash (OT - Found on WEB)

Al Fitz alfitz@alfitz.com
Mon, 8 Aug 2005 09:58:17 -0500

Being in the salvage business as long as I have, I can tell you that if a
vehicle is repairable, it will be repaired regardless of the family of 7 who
may have been killed in it. There are no sentiments about that sort of thing
in this business.

Further, many states don't require a salvage title for a vehicle unless it
goes beyond a preset damage estimate (anywhere from 25%-50% of the value) and
even though there may have been a fatality in the vehicle, it will be repaired
and sold with a clean title. Some of you may be driving a "death" car right
now and not even know it.

Now in the case of this high dollar vehicle, there is no question of what will
happen there. The only way you can prevent a vehicle from being rebuilt after
a fatality, for sentimental or moral reasons, is to buy it back from the
insurance company and have it crushed.

My Son died in an accident with his pristine 1965 Ford Galaxy 500. The vehicle
sustained damage to just one door, about $200 in damages, but it killed my
Son. I had that car destroyed...

Al Fitz
alfitz@alfitz.com
SHO Parts at
http://www.alfitz.com/sho

Play cards online
http://www.cardplayonline.com/

PLEASE INCLUDE A COPY OF THIS EMAIL IN YOUR REPLY