[Shotimes] Shopping List for 60K

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Mon, 8 Aug 2005 12:12:42 -0400

Well, the issue is that plug wires don't always just "break", they can lose
performance overtime through leaks/cracks/etc. If wires were a go/no go like
a crank sensor, it would be different.

From: Zach Leahy [mailto:leahyz@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2005 11:47 AM
To: Ron Porter
Cc: _ShoTimes
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Shopping List for 60K

Regardless of what I said earlier, in my cars I am of the "If it ain't
broke, don't fix it" mindset, and that includes plug wires.  Last set
on the 93 went 130+k and the ones on the red car are original from
what I can tell (car came with very good records).  Might even be
orignial plugs, but I would doubt that based on the owner.

On 8/8/05, Ron Porter <ronporter@prodigy.net> wrote:
> I tend to agree, except I would thrown in all of the other stuff.....if
> nothing else, the timing belt.....at the 120k service.
>
> Repeat every 60K & 120K as necessary!!
>
> Ron Porter

SCHOOL.
> My
> idea of a sufficient 60K is replace the plugs and wires only and maybe
clean
> the intake IF your plug wells are leaking. Of course you take the risk of
> CPS failure at an inopportune time and the risk of a water pump failure as
> well, BUT we drive mostly within 60 miles of home 90% of the time and a
> failure would not be the end of the world.
>
> Plus, the cost of plugs and wires is hundreds of dollars less than the
CPS,