[Shotimes] Replacing the headliner

van Oss van Oss" <vanOss@centurytel.net
Mon, 8 Aug 2005 17:07:50 -0500

You'll save some by doing the R&R from the car.  But for best results, I
recommend against trying to do the reupholstery yourself.

The headliner is a piece of semi-rigid spun fiberglass (that's my amateur
description) covered by glued cloth.  To remove it, you must remove a lot of
philips screws and trims, the moonroof console, side lamps, and the front
seats (13mm and 18mm sockets, BTW).

For best results, take it to a local auto upholstery shop.  They can remove
the old cloth (steam, IIRC), spray adhesive, and apply new cloth.  They'll
be able to do it without the bumpy, fingerprinted surface that you or I
would achieve.

VO