[Shotimes] Help with engine stumble in 95 MTX

George Fourchy krazgeo@comcast.net
Wed, 10 Aug 2005 09:07:12 -0700

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 08:58:39 -0700 (PDT), Ian Fisher wrote:

>On the SHO, the intake cams can only be adjusted
>independently using adjustable sprockets such as
>Josh's timing chain sprockets.

Theoretically, if someone wanted to spend a bunch of money to buy those sprockets, I
suppose one could.

But if you divide the number of teeth in the factory sprockets by 360, you'll get
the number of degrees either side of TDC one tooth will give.  I don't have any
right here...they are in storage, but if there were 90 teeth, each one would be 4
degrees.  If there were 60 (probably closer to correct), then each would be 6
degrees.  If the crank sprocket has 30, then each one would be 12, probably a bit
much for a slight valve timing exercise.

...that sounds about right....30 teeth on the small sprocket, and twice as much for
half the speed...60 on the bigger sprocket.....

Count the teeth, then adjust the cam sprockets by as many degrees as you want to
try.

George