[Shotimes] first mistake?

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 09:31:11 -0500

I would really advise against boiling the chains in water and cleaner.
You will totally remove all lubricant, and if that oil is not
immediately replaced, the chains will start rusting within minutes.

Better to just wipe down the chains unless they have gotten contaminated
with dirt.  You can spray them with WD-40 to clean them off if
necessary, and be sure to soak them in fresh engine oil before installation.

Don Mallinson