[Shotimes] Serious electrical gremlins this morning

Dave Kegel d.kegel@comcast.net
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 17:47:17 -0500

I'd get the battery tested.  They can go bad for any number of reasons.  You
could have a bad cell, which causes odd things to happen.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of fwhittle@mindspring.com
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2005 5:31 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] Serious electrical gremlins this morning

Ok, I cleaned the cables and terminals, got a jump, and everything seemed
fine for about 5 minutes, then the same symptoms.  The battery's about 2
years old - don't batteries usually die in cold weather?  I'd suspect the
alternator first, since it's the original one with 155,000 miles.  Whaddya
think--I suspect the battery's good since it held the brief charge it got
from the jump for about 5 minutes of driving.

Frank