[Shotimes] Racing

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 07:59:15 -0500

I love watching Nascar on road courses, wish they would do more of
them.  Most of the drivers do a really great job, and if any group
should understand taking a big, heavy, not really ready for primetime
racing car on a road course and having more fun and going faster than
expected, it should be the SHO group!

Tony is a great driver and I was happy to see Boris do well.  He always
can take crap and make it fast, but now he is getting good cars and I
hope he gets a chance to go full time on the ovals too.  Would be great
to see the "old man" of road racing do well in Nascar.  He deserves the
chance, and I think he will do well.

With me I don't really care that the NASCAR cars aren't ideal for road
racing, it is about making do with what you have.  If they were the
perfect road racing instrument, they would be F1 cars and they are
boring most of the time, I would rather watch drivers struggle a little
and see those cars play tag with the wall about 90% out of control!

Great fun.

Don Mallinson