[Shotimes] Wager

Ian Fisher dataflash@yahoo.com
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 07:00:38 -0700 (PDT)

It's imprinted but it will change. My mother was born
in Kenya, Africa to Portuguese parents who were
orginally from a Portuguese colony in India (Goa). She
(and her brother) were sent to a Catholic boarding
school in Ireland (where she apparently developed a
Brogue) at a very early age and the entire family
ended up in the US in the 60's when she was probably
in her early 20's. I never realized that she had an
"accent" because I grew up listening to it. But it's
been through so much that it sounds normal but is also
"not from around here" either..

I noticed that she can subconciously switch accents on
the fly depending on who she is talking to and what
part of the world they are in/from. Pretty cool.

I picked up a bit of Central Jersey (or perhaps I lost
my South Jersey) accent when I went to college. I
stopped rounding my "o's" in home. I won't ever
substitute "Nork" for "Newark" though.

So yeah...how 'bout SHO's and Danica Patrick? :)

Ian

--- Carl Prochilo <gr8sho@prochilo.myserver.org>