Accents and Clutches (was RE: [Shotimes] Wager)

Carl Prochilo gr8sho@prochilo.myserver.org
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 11:21:43 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

But you have to have spoken the language fluently during that age period.
I can fool real Italians because of having lived there for those years.
But if you listen to me talk, you won't know where I'm from probably other
than generic east coast.  I've even managed to lose my Longgg Island
accent but can revert back to if I stay there for a few days.

While I know this from personal experience, I was further blown away by
Kobe Bryant.  If you've ever heard him speak Italian it will amaze
assuming you know the language.  His dad lived there for years playing pro
ball I believe and it is my understanding that Kobe left at the age of 13.
 He did a commercial a few years ago where he said "this is MY house" in
Italian and was excellent!!

Sorry, I know it was off topic.  If you need something SHO, I can tell you
I participated in a clutch replacement for my son's car this weekend with
my day starting at 5am and ending at 3am the next day with 2.5 people
working on the car.  And there weren't even any seriously difficult
issues.  There were about 6 hours of driving time involved too.  I think
the guy that invented the heater core must have done the clutch too.  You
just haven't lived until you've caught a transmission on your chest...
--
Cheers,
Carl Prochilo