adjusting cams was Re: [Shotimes] Help with engine stumble in 95 MTX

Zach Leahy leahyz@gmail.com
Wed, 10 Aug 2005 22:04:29 -0500

Just catching up on this thread, but yes that's what Iwould agree to.
I took Ron's advice, wrote it down, and saw that the exhaust opens
before intake.  Advance the exhaust (make it open sooner) and/or
retard the intake, and you will decrease overlap.

Ron, re-read your post, and get a pencil and maybe you can correct me.

1. intake
2 compression
3. combustion
4 exhaust.

rearrangin is

4 exhaust
1 intake
2 compression
3 combustion

So if the exhaust valve is advanced, if it opens sooner, it also
closes sooner.  smae for the intake if it opens later it decreases
overlap.

Ron am I smoking crack yet?