[Shotimes] weird codes

Jim & Debbie Leyden jndleyden@comcast.net
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 18:56:42 -0400

You will always get a ROM failure if you have an aftermarket chip installed.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Jason Hartberger
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 6:32 PM
To: Shotimes Mailing List
Subject: [Shotimes] weird codes

Ok, I thought it was 175 and 176 that was O2 sensors, but it's 172
through like 178 or some crap. I got 175, which means "No HEGO switching
detected / adaptive fuel at limit (LH)." WTF? I can certainly understand
why this code was thrown (no fuel to adapt with) but why just on the
left side? Why didn't I get a 171 with that for the right side? And,
after I stopped the fuel geyser, I cleared the codes. Still got the same
code. Is that because I fried the O2 sensor so bad that it just won't do
anything any more? And which side is the left side? front or rear? And
also, the list on SHOtimes says a 175 won't throw a CEL. Neither does a
511. WTH?

Oh, and does anybody else get a 511 (EEC processor ROM test failure)
with an LPM? because I might, like, actually have a bad computer...
which would certainly explain a few things....

--
Jason Hartberger, AT2(AW) USN
USS Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71