[Shotimes] Slippery SHO Service

Paul L Fisher sho@paul-fisher.com
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 12:30:28 -0500

If you only paid $300 and they replaced the timing belt you got a deal.

Always ask for the old parts. You have the RIGHT to them unless they need to
be sent back for a core charge or a warranty claim. Even then, you have the
RIGHT to see the parts.

Paul L Fisher

Visit my website: http://www.paul-fisher.com
SHOClub Member: http://www.shoclub.com
Amsoil dealer: http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Peter Maggiacomo
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 12:23 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] Slippery SHO Service

Hey Guys... need your help. I think I got the Slippery
Slip from an area FORD dealer. Could use some input.
On 03/23/05 the invoice from a FORD dealer says they
replaced Timing belt, Serp. belt, and V belt, with a
waterpump change which was covered by warranty.
When I got home and got a chance to look at my new
belts, they looked old and rusty colored just like
they old ones. I thought it odd because I had just
paid
nearly $300 for new belts. But as one day leads to the
next I had forgotten about it.
 Chapter II:
AC compressor goes, 4 months later so I bring it to
another FORD dealer closer to me. Again warranty
covers all AC components, but not new belts.
Fair enough.
Dealer calls and says belts need replacing. I said
they were just replaced. He says no... these are very
old belts. I told him I thought so, and explained the
water pump and belt story. I have old belts that cost
me $300.00.
Question... how many belts are on this 3.0 SHO engine?
I think 3.
1. Timing Belt
2. Serpentine Belt
3. AC &Power Sterring Belt