[Shotimes] Re: A/C Help?

Mark Mucher mmucher@bellsouth.net
Sun, 21 Aug 2005 11:51:02 -0400

Well, WRONG AGAIN, Mark <G>

It seems that the A/C clutch is operating properly.

My brain is fried (probably from driving the SHO w/no A/C).

Does that pin it down to loss of Freon (leak)?

Can a sniffer find a leak on an empty system?

Thanks again,

Mark

Folks,

My '90 w/ETAC and R12 was having clutch gap problems so, a couple weeks ago,
I pulled out the last shim and it blew cold as hell..

Yesterday the A/C stopped dead in the middle of a ten mile trip.

I'll do the research and diags but I wondered if anyone could suggest what
the most likely cause could be, thus perhaps saving me a lot of grief.

I haven't done anything yet except to observe that it has never even tried
to blow cold since it stopped..

It's not blowing THAT hot. so it's not a blend door.

Electrical?

Loss of Freon?  (Why now?)

Can an ETAC self test help?

Any and all help appreciated.