[Shotimes] Dash Lights

rschirmer22@cox.net rschirmer22@cox.net
Sun, 21 Aug 2005 10:56:32 -0400

George

Irronically I just had to fix my sons dash lights yesterday cause they did not work any more. While he has a 88 4-runner, I found out that after I had installed his aftermarket stereo system with the aftermarket wiring harness a while ago, it had messed up his wiring and he was getting some weird things happening to his electrical system. I finally had to cut some wires and create a ground for him, at which time his instrument panel lights finally came back on.

I just put an after market radio in my '93, and used the aftermarket wiring harness, and had no problems with the dash lights. Now, for trying to get my trunk mounted CD pl;ayer, as well as the remote control buttons on the dash to work is still work onging.

So YES, I beleive that you screwed some of the wiring up
putting the radio in

Bob