[Shotimes] The Pillsbury Effect

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 11:29:35 -0400

That only works if you are paying someone with a Business PayPal account.

You cannot pay a personal account (like mine, and probably 90%+ of all
PayPal accounts) with a credit card. Folks have tried, and it gets bounced,
unless the recipient upgrades to a Business account.....which folks like
myself will never do.

Personally, I think PayPal is one of the slickest ideas to come out of the
Internet bubble, along with Ebay. It isn't the perfect method for everyone,
but it has done a very good job of filling a huge need. I'm not very
sympathetic to a lot of the bitching about PayPal, as the whiners seem to
think that PayPal should assume a "nanny" role in transactions (which I
obviously disagree with). Do they do everything perfectly? No, but they work
to keep improving their system.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Kevin & Cheryl Airth
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 10:48 AM
To: JohnnyVan; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] The Pillsbury Effect

John:
 One tip I use that someone on the list suggested. ALWAYS use a credit card
when paying with Paypal. Then all you need to do is call the credit card
company and dispute the charges. Works like a charm!! Let the rip-off artist
deal with VISA! I had a yutz selling me some SHO parts doing all the normal
BS. Said 3 times the parts were sent and the post office "Must of lost
them". But when I pulled the money using my credit card, I received the
parts and a long e-mail crying about how I had cheated him. Boo, Hoo! After
receiving the parts I then repaid him with Paypal using my credit card. Also
called him and left a great message about how NOT to cheat people. I would
mention his name but he left the list right around the time he tried to
cheat me.

  PayPal will NEVER do anything. It's not their problem and they make sure
of it!!!!! That's why Ebay purchased them. One no-service company adding
another no-service company to the corporate stack!!!
.
.

 I also just contacted PayPal and they were no help (more