[Shotimes] Speed Upgrades

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 02:00:50 -0400

Well, the Gallant can have a 3.8 V6 that has 230 HP, but more importantly,
has 250 lbs/ft of torque at 4K. And probably weighs in the neighborhood of a
SHO. Not an all-bad car for a stock SHO to lose to.

The usual bolt-on parts should get your '89 to handle something like a
Gallant. But, there's a bunch of other cars out there that will cause
serious heartburn without high-dollar mods to a SHO.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of George ask me
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 1:08 AM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] Speed Upgrades

hey everybody,

As mentioned in other posts, I'm the recent proud owner of a 1989 SHO.  I
love whoopin' people on the road, and enjoying the smooth ride.

But tonight I believe I did the SHO name a great injustice...

Returning from the movies, a 2005 Mitsubishi Galant challenged me at a stop
light.  We were close, but he had the edge as soon as I shifted into second,
and I caught up again, but basically...I was beat.

Now I'm not a racer, and I don't like dangerous things on the road, it's not
quite my style; I enjoy living.  But a friggin' galant, should NOT be
whoopin' on my SHO...

I am calling upon all proud owners for their help to identify the most cost
effective speed upgrades for my 160k mile strong-running soldier.  I want to
whoop.

George