[Shotimes] RE: JBL vs Premium Sound, how to tell decksapart, other problems

Bill Murray fordsho@cloud9grafx.com
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 08:32:53 -0600

when I bought my car it had the JBL system, but the radio and cd player had been switched out to other factory units.  There was no sound coming out at first, and on the fdrive home, I noticed an odd looking plug sitting in the center console.  During a stop for gas we tried to figure out what was wrong with the stereo, and we found a harness sticking out from under the dash that the plug in the console happened to fit in.   Plugged that in and the stereo worked until I got home.

Look for anywhere that may look like it needs a jumper.
-----Original Message-----
From: "Chris \"Zap\"" <zap@columbus.rr.com>
Date: 08/25/05 09:10 PM
To: <Shotimes@autox.team.net>
Cc: <TechSHO@topica.com>
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] RE: JBL vs Premium Sound, how to tell decksapart, other problems

    Maybe I went off in the wrong direction before...

    I remember reading somewhere about the shorting plugs used on these
systems where the CD player was an option.  I am thinking now that there
were terminator resistors that are not installed on the circuit board and no
jump plug is installed on the radio either, thus no audio out to the amps.
Does anyone happen to have the information about the JBL setup laying
around?

-Chris